COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
Coconut whipped cream is a delicious dairy-free and vegan alternative to normal cream and my favourite to add on top of a warm mug of hot cacao.
Can of coconut cream/milk; honey & vanilla extract
- The best is to use a cold can of coconut cream/milk. Place your can in the fridge for a few hours or the day before. You want the cream to harden and separate from the coconut water.
- Open your can and scoop out the hardened coconut cream with a spoon into your bowl. Pour the coconut water into a separate storage container and use that in a future smoothie recipe.
- Using a hand blender, fluff up the coconut cream for 1 minute. Add your honey and vanilla extract and mix for another minute.
- Use the coconut whipped cream right away or store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
Tip: You must buy full-fat coconut milk or cream and make sure it’s cold before whipping
Nothing beats a warm bowl of oats that is high in fiber, comforting and filling on a winter’s morning.
Ingredients (serving 1)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 banana
- Oat/almond or regular milk
- Chia seeds
- Frozen blueberries
- 1t hot cacao
- combine oats, water and milk in a pot
- bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and add the banana and blueberries
- once cooked, the banana would of melted and the blueberries would of popped making your oats a compote of deliciousness.
- sprinkle in some chia seeds and your hot cacao powder (you can either stir in the hot cacao as a powder or blend it with a bit of hot water to make a chocolate paste)
MOCCACHINO – HOT CACAO
Using a shot of your favourite espresso, add 1t hot cacao with a drizzle of honey and hot milk of your choice to make the perfect moccachino.