Summer is all about the ocean breeze, salty air and sun kissed hair
Sammy from Sassi shares her secret tips on creating the perfect natural curls & living well in summer.
Creating the perfect natural curl
1. Apply Moroccan Oil curl cream to towel dried hair. Wrap your hair in a loose bun and let it dry naturally or rough dry your hair with a hairdryer.
Once your hair is dry you can define your curl by:
2. Separating your hair with a clip, start with the bottom layer and curl pieces of your hair with your straightening irons with the nose down.
3. To form a more natural wave/curl move the iron faster through your hair or to create a structured curl use a slower stroke.
4. Once the bottom section is curled, take another third of your hair and repeat the same curling process.
Repeat with the last third
TIP: Pieces closest to your face should be curled AWAY from your face.
5. Once your curls are done, run your fingers through your curls to mess them up and give them a more natural look
6. Apply a small amount of Moroccanoil treatment oil to your ends and any other frizzy parts
7. If your hair feels flat use some texture spray throughout your whole head or dry shampoo directly to your roots for lift and texture.
Moroccanoil range: Beach wave mousse / Texture spray / Hairspray / Oil / Curl cream
Living well with Sammy from Sassi
Best gym to street hair tip………..
Most definitely Dry Shampoo!! It dries out excess oil and leaves it smelling fresher than ever
My go-to smoothie………….
I whizz together a green smoothie in my nutribullet – coconut water, spinach, frozen banana & blueberries, chia seeds, spirulina, fresh mint and cacao nibs – it’s delicious
My food philosophy in one sentence…………
It’s very simple – I believe in good whole foods and to understand what works for you. I love to be adventurous with food and making it enjoyable to eat.
Secret hair tip……………..
Don’t wash your hair everyday! Love and learn how to work with the natural oils and texture of your hair
If I could give just one piece of health advice it would be…………….
Everything in moderation – Fuel your body and it fuels you
Daily wellness habits………………
I never skip my breakfast – either boiled eggs, avo and rye toast OR a Breakfast bowl – rolled oats, blueberries, chia seeds, raw walnuts, goji berries and honey
I gym with my trainer 2-3 times a week, the other days I run before I start a hectic day in the salon
WATER, WATER, WATER – we love infused waters – mint & lemon or strawberry & cucumber
Latest hair trends…………..
Solid, Choppy, Blunt – layers are a thing of the past