There is always something magical about a cheese board and how it brings people together – it’s like a party all the time, with food.
Summer entertaining should always be easy and stress free and the same goes with a cheese board. You can use everything you love , from delicious cheese, fresh fruit, some relish or whatever else you have in your fridge. Your guests love that they can pick and taste a variety of flavours, textures and colours all on one board.
I love adding some homemade crackers and these are my favourite go-to healthy, almond flour crackers that my kids also love dipping into some hummus.
Rosemary Almond Crackers (with a hint of lemon)
- 1 ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, sea salt, chopped rosemary & lemon zest (massaging the zest into the mixture to release the oils)
- Make a well in the center and add your oil and egg.
- Mix together until a ball forms.
- Gather a sheet of baking paper (about 66cm) and fold in halfUnfold the paper and place the dough onto one side and fold it closed with the other side
- Roll out your dough between the baking paper, using a rolling pin, until it's a few mm thick (or however thick you want your crakers to be)
- After rolling, lift the top part of the baking paper, tear that piece off and leave the rolled dough on the bottom piece.
- Carefully slide the baking paper onto a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, checking after 7 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature and then break into shards to the size cracker you want.
Shop the story
Image credits: Brad Peens Photography