This delicious Asparagus soup is dairy free and so creamy because of the soaked pumpkin seeds.
Eating seasonally offers you fresh, good quality ingredients and asparagus is an amazing spring vegetable. It is full of nutrition to boost the production of Glutathione – your body’s master antioxidant that slow’s ageing and detoxifies the body.
- 600 grms fresh asparagus
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or pumpkin seed oil
- 5 cups water, vegetable stock or bone broth
- 1 - 2 Tbsp miso (optional)
- ½ cup raw pumpkin seeds, soaked for 1 hour or more
- ½ Tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove woody ends from asparagus and cut into ½-inch pieces. Blanch asparagus until bright green and tender.
- Add the broth (water or stock), olive oil, miso, pumpkin seeds and cumin to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add blended soup to pot and warm. Salt and pepper to taste. (can be served cold, if preferred)
- Parmesan crisps: Grate parmesan onto baking paper, grill until bubbling and then let it cool, once cool you can remove it and crumble it. Serve sprinkled on top of the soup x
The soup has been photographed in the spring cement range of crockery available from Weylandts. If you would like to view the range and prices just click on the tag sign below.
Photo credit: David Dettmann Photography